5.22.2008

Collaborative Block Layers Round 3~Received

These are the latest unfinished blocks I have recieved. The project is becoming increasingly intersting. The materials used are wonderful, vast, unexpected and sometimes disturbing. I have spoken with several of the other artists in this project, we are all pressed for time and finding it a challenge to fit the project into our schedules as I knew we would. When the project began I spent too much time obesssing over what materials to use, what I wanted to add and how I wanted the block to look. Through the last three rounds I have been able to let go and allow a more stream of conscience reaction to lead me in my additions to these pieces. To me this project is all about the process, reacting to the other materials, finding the time to just "do" some art.

1. Block Swap Round 3-1, 2. Block Swap Round 3-2, 3. Block Swap Round 3-12, 4. Block Swap Round 3-4, 5. Block Swap Round 3-7, 6. Block Swap Round 3-6, 7. Block Swap Round 3-10, 8. Block Swap Round 3-3, 9. Block Swap Round 3-11, 10. Block Swap Round 3-8, 11. Block Swap Round 3-5, 12. Block Swap Round 3-9

No comments: