2.25.2008

ACC Baltimore Show Roundup 1 of 2

I've been attending the ACC show in Baltimore since moving back to DC metro and have always regarded it as THE show for the best in CRAFT. As a college student I began attending the shows when I could for inspiration and continued to attend the ACC show in ATL when living in GA. I even one a Student NICHE award while attending SCAD. I admire the creative exhibitors at this show and know that some of the most origional ideas and best quality work can be found because of the high standards of the jury procees. Below are photo's and links to some of my favorites from this years show. I find that the trends at this show are cyclical like all trends but this year there was some spectacular new work. Mixed media seems to be the latest trend, fibers with metal, glass with furniture, plastic jewlry, found objects incorporated or translated into pieces etc. There was also new signage indicating "Green Craft" which is a new category featuring artists using recycled, found, and/or other eco-friendly materials and tecniques. I hope you find their work as inspirational as I did.

"Searchlight Artists"

Jungyeon Choi, MFA, Fibers, Cranbrook Academy of Art, Bloomfield Hills, MI


Andy Shaw Pottery, Philadelphia, PA




Someware Glass by Elizabeth Ware Perkins

These are CAST Glass Doilies, spectacular!





Chase Deforest Hosewares, Denver, CO ~GREENCRAFT~






Metalwork by Haley ReneƩ Bates MFA, Cranbrook Academy of Art, Bloomfield Hills, MI



Sugar Jewlery by Ana Claudia Crisan Calabria of the UK


YES~Spun SUGAR!

Part 2 still to come, sculpture, jewelry and the hilights of what came home with me~

1 comment:

Betz White said...

Hi Heather,
Thanks for the comment. I wanted to email you but your address is not accessible thru blogger, Anyway, I wanted to ask you some questions, if you don't mind, about ACC and SCAD! If you've got a moment, could you email me?
Betz